Tuesday 8 February 2011

Magazine Cover (not final cover!)

Text Added: This is not going to be our final Magazine cover, but I applied the same methods for our final Magazine cover and poster.

Today we finished our Magazine Cover starring our Film (Trailer). I will explain how we created the magazine cover in several steps.

First Step:

First of all Sultan Mackinnon had to take several pictures of me (actor) in the woods close to our classroom and then we chose best picture for our magazine cover.


Here is the unedited picture that has been taken in the woods by Sultan Mackinnon...


Second Step:

Because the character (me) isn't centered in the picture I had to cut it out to have a bigger and centered character like a professional magazine cover. It was quite hard to find a good size of the picture that but I think it went out well. After I cut out the picture I added a Filter to the picture to change the whole picture's look as shown on the picture below.



Third Step:

The first thing that I concentrated on was the main title of the magazine. I found a very good site with plenty of amazing fonts, I downloaded a few and tried them out and used some of them for the magazine cover ( www.1001fonts.com ).

We wanted that the character shines out and that the title would be secondary next to the main character in the picture. So I cut out the head of the character with "Quick Mask" on Adobe Photoshop and added the title to the picture. After I added the title I just reinserted the head that I cut out before, this is the why it looks like the character is infront of the Font.


Adding the Main Title


Head, cut out with "Quick Mask"


Step Four:

To get some ideas I looked around the internet to find "horror magazines" and found a very good site www.rue-morgue.com , containing some really good magazines and I found a lot of inspiration to start with our magazine cover.



Final Result:

And here is the finished magazine cover, we tried to keep it as simple as possible with not much text to focus on the main Movie "Vengeance".





Written by Henri Yueksel
Candidate Number 4450

No comments:

Post a Comment