Friday 5 November 2010

Audience and Film Analysis

We already did one audience analysis, but personally I really do not agree with the UK Tribes page, it a too vague, stereotypical classification of the youth now a days. I even did the UK Tribes test and apparently I am a scene kid, what is not true at all. My character is very specific like everyone elses character. Even though there might be youth groups in today's society you cannot count on adress these groups, you have to adress the interests of the people. It is way more difficult to attract an audience for a certain movie, for the highest success you need money, that's all about it now a days. But that does not mean that the movie is going to be good, it is just going to attract a very big audience. A good example for that is the movie "Avatar", one of the most expensive movie ever made and as well one of the most seen. Personally I thought the movie was average and I haven't even seen the whole movie because I always fell asleep close to the ending. No one really talks about this movie anymore and I don't think a lot of people are going to watch it on dvd more than once.
My theory is, if you want to attract a great number of audience withiout having a big budget, you have to adress the audience in a very specific way, with good adverts and other advertisment methods.
I still believe in good movies, that means movies that contain a good story, good locations, good music etc. all of this must not be very well know, for example famous actors and/or famous songs... Most of the movies that are good in my opinion and that I like are quite unknown, with unknown actors and stories that do not follow Hollywoods "checklist". Most of the movies that I like, are very international and from america to turkey and even china and japan have got a great variety of masterpieces, that most of the people don't know about or haven't ever heard of it. That is probably because it is not, what I call, "mainstream".
I describe mainstream as money making, qualities are not matching masterpieces from long ago as well as masterpieces that are created today. I still think filming is art and do not like now a days "mainstream" movies. (All of this is my opinion and I understand that others aren't obliged to agree with it, everyone has their own taste and character)

List of (imo) good movies:

Animal Kingdom (2010
Country: Australia




Ip Man (2008)
Country: China




The Loved Ones (2009)
Country: Australia




Winter's Bone (2010)
Country: USA




Nefes: Vatan Sagolsun aka. The Breath (2009)
Country: Turkey




Un Prophète aka. A Prophet (2009)
Country: France




Written by Henri Yueksel
Candidate Number 4450

No comments:

Post a Comment