Monday 4 October 2010

Perfect Audience 'UK Tribes'

Today I had checked out 'www.uktribes.com' where I tried to identify our perfect audience. As you know our genre of our film trailer will be Teen Horror/Thriller. As I undertook research for identify our perfect audience members I had realised that nearly all of them watch genres under Teen horror/Thriller. There where groups such:
  • Trendies
  • Townies
  • Indie Scenesters 
  • Young Alts 
Screenshot of the main page of UK Tribes website:


These were the most popular groups in the UK, however this is only a small segment as there were much more  groups and we are aiming to produce and show our product to all of them. I believe that we will able to achieve this even tho that there are different segments within the tribe groups nearly all teenagers have similar characteristics and this is why we can not classify our audience group accurately; For example 'chick flicks' will attract mostly female audiences of all ages, unlike teen horror/thriller, which is most likely to attracts all of the teenagers that are in sub groups.

As I was in the surfing the 'UK Tribes' website I had taken the "Find Your Tribe" questionnaire and found out that I am in the 'Rahs' group, which I found strange as it did not identify my characteristics. After you complete the questionnaire there is a short video clip explaining what you are and it was definitely not me as I do not like shopping in 'Jack Wills', it also did not talk about any sports as I enjoy sports a lot, therefore the UK tribes questionnaire can be inaccurate.

Screenshot of my "tribe"


My group does not want only to attract a niche market but a market segment, therefore we will try and produce a trailer which is enjoyable for all audience groups with simular characteristics.

Posted by Sultan Mackinnon
Candidate Number 3641

No comments:

Post a Comment