Monday 4 October 2010

Target audience "UK Tribes"

After scrolling around on UK Tribes, I've noticed that there was a lot of different audience (youth) groups that are very different to one another. For the highest success we have to find the perfect audience for our trailer/movie.
Because our movie is classified as Teen/Horror (Thriller) nearly all groups are involved, because they're all groups that consist of teenagers, that are our main audience. Now a days Horror movies are very popular in nearly every age group especially in the age of 15-25. That's why we cannot do a very specific choice of any youth group on the UK Tribes website.

I did the "Find Your Tribe" experiment, and the result was "Raver". Well it is true that I love actual oldschool raving and goa raves, but this is not really the description of the group that I belong to. I think that I don't belong to any group and I really don't want to belong to any... I think this experiment only works with people that are really into a specific scene. It is very easy to identify the groups that certain people belong to, but this is not possible for everyone.
I'd be a mix of Metalhead/ Skater / Raver / Gamer  and maybe townie, even though that would not be the full description of my group.

Our production company is targeting a very large audience, so we will try to make our trailer/movie as good as possible so it'll appeal to as much teenagers as possible, even maybe their parents, because the movie will be rated 16+, so if you're younger you'd have to go with your parents.


Written by Henri Yueksel
Candidate Number 4450

No comments:

Post a Comment